LGBT movement in the region is represented by the following initiatives: Regional branch of the Russian LGBT network (since 2011) and as part of the branch since 2014 there has been a Resource centre for LGBT. In 2018 Resource center became member of ILGA-Europe.
Main purposes of the Centre are: raising awareness of LGBT and the society concerning sexual orientation and gender identity, creation of a safe and enabling environment for LGBT, legal and psychological support.
We provide: free psychological and legal counseling for LGBT and their loved ones (more than 100 legal and 250 psychological since 2014), groups of psychological support for LGBT community. We hold events aimed at consolidating LGBT community, support groups and individual counseling for gender non-conform people, psychological, legal and social support of LGBT families and LGBT teenagers. We’re in close collaboration with the project “Era of Health” on preventing HIV+ among LGBT , “Let’s live…” – help to drug addicted, “New life” – help for sex workers, human rights organisation “Sutyazhnik” and others.
Other activities include:
* foreign language clubs
* cinema club
* discussion clubs
* parents club
* art therapy sessions
* board games evenings
Moreover, since the end of 2016 we have been actively working with local media and various local communities which do not work directly with LGBTI and their loved ones.
We have also been working systematically with psychology students, psychologists, lawyers, different national and international human rights organisations, with friends and families of LGBTI.
In 2016 we started monitoring cases of human rights violations on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity. In March 2017 we published a report which we presented to the regional Ombudsperson and various legal and social institutions.
Creating a respecting, friendly and accepting environment for LGBT+ community in Yekaterinburg. Implementing social and legal programs and services, aimed at overcoming discrimination, stereotypes, prejudices and stigmatization on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity. Moving towards equal rights for everyone regardless of their sexual orientation and gender identity.
- raising awareness of LGBT+ community and society in general of the questions concerning sexual orientation and gender identity
- quality legal and psychological help which is guaranteed and accessible
- forming mechanisms of mutual help and support among LGBT+ community
- informing LGBT+ community and society in general about the activities of Resource center
- sustainability of the work of Resource center (projects, activists, participants of our events, new directions)
- achieving financial stability of the Center
- Tolerance – respect, accept and understand the ways of self-expression and manifestation of personal individuality
- Value of every person, mutual support among the team, mutual respect
- Forming and sustaining the positive image of Resource center
- Internal and external safety of the community center
- Gratitude for every person’s contribution to implementing the mission of Resource center
- Solidarity – in communication and work, understanding one’s impact and common interest in the process of achieving common goals
Autonomous nonprofit organization Accent
ul POBEDY, DOM 40, korp 2, kv 108, EKATERINBURG, RUSSIA
BANK OTKRITIE FINANCIAL CORPORATION (PUBLIC JOINT-STOCK COMPANY) (FORMERLY KHANTY-MANSIYSK BANK OTKRITIE)
TSENTRALNIY BR. BLD 2 KOZHEVNICHESKAYA STR 14, MOSCOW, RUSSIA